Hello and welcome! It’s Blogmas day 19!
In today’s post, I’ll be sharing my hot cocoa recipe! I love hot cocoa this time of year, especially when it’s peppermint!
My recipe is a single-serve recipe, made within minutes! I make mine in a 16 oz mug.
This is yet again another very late post. I’m sorry for the post-time inconsistency.
Bible Verse: Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. -1 Peter 5:6–7
Prayer Prompt: Pray that you would cast your anxieties and stresses on Him.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa:
- 1.5 cups milk (12 oz) (you can use any milk you’d like, but I use whole)
- 2-3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 drops pepermint extract
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream (I prefre homemade, but store-bought works well too) (optional)
- 2 mini candy canes (optional)
- Pour milk into mug and heat in mircorave or heat in pan on stovetop. Heat until desired temperature.
- Add cocoa and sugar. Srir until all has been desolved.
- Add pepermint extract and stir.
- Pour into mug if heated on stovetop and added whipped cream. I like to pipe mine.
- Add 1-2 mini candy cains on the side of the mug.
Here’s a picture of mine.
You can also choose to follow this recipe using a standard hot cocoa mix packet instead of the cocoa and sugar. Follow the rest of the recipe as usual. That’s what I did above as I was in a rush.
That’s all for this post! I hope you enjoyed it.
Do you love hot cocoa? What about peppermint hot cocoa?